Google Translator

Hirado Castle [1/4] from the south of the castle, one of the major gate ruins (Kameoka shrine approach)

Hirado Castle [1/4] from the south of the castle, one of the major gate ruins (Kameoka shrine approach)

Ininobu Matsuura, a faction of the Matsuura party, which was based in the former country from ancient times, built the day of Takeshiro, the predecessor of Hirado Castle, in the late warring States. However, it is said that the sun Takeshiro is burnt by the early Edo period to show the order to Ieyasu to the burn and the fall by the fire. After that, in 1704, he obtained the permission of the shogunate and completed the new “Hirado Castle (which was referred to as” Kameoka Castle “at that time), and the” Yamaga style “of the Behavior Yamaga (Yamato) was multiplied by the year of 14 years. The castle is torn off at the Meiji Restoration, and the gate and one tower exist. The tower and the Tower group were restored to the site in the Showa era.

Basic Data >
Name: Hirado Castle (aka Kameoka Castle)
● Location: Hirado-shi, Nagasaki ( map )
● Main building: Matsuura jinshin /Matsuura Bldg.
-Castle: 1599/1704 years
-Remains: Kita Toraguchi gate, Tanuki Tower, Ishigaki
● Information: Japan 100 Meijo No.90 ( list )

The visit to Hirado Castle is one , two , three , four .

Visit >

Distant view of Hirado Castle. Hirado Castle is actually located at the eastern end of “Hirado Island”, not the mainland Kyushu. This photo was taken from the mainland of Kyushu on a bridge across the island of Hirado.

Hirado Castle (Kameoka Park) map. There are many parking lots in the vicinity of the castle because of the school. This time, the car is parked in the original outline which falls to the tower (north), and the stroll starts here. However, the road which rises suddenly from the parking lot to the Honmaru is maintained, and it goes from here to the opposite side, and it will make it to the climbing castle from “major mouth”. In the map of the photograph, the current place is the lower left, and a major mouth hits the top. Turn around in a clockwise direction.

Tower Hirado Castle looked up from the outline. This tower was “mock tower”, and there was no such building in Honmaru at that time, and only some towers were built. It is said that it was in charge of the three-layer dry tower (revival in the Showa era) built in two no Maru as a substitute of tower.

Let’s proceed from the outline to the major mouth. It seems that this road is on the highway which is also on the old maps, and Mr. Matsuura’s-Home and the flower garden were lined up. The stone wall remains as it is now.

It is covered with grass, but the stone wall which is not conceived is firm. By the way, the-home of Mr. Matsuura’s descendants.

South along the way. You can see the gate on the other side of the road. The building under construction on the left is Hirado City Hall.

There is a soil wall on the left and right, but it is not a ruins by the gate of the city hall though it is a medicine doctor gate. The stone bridge at the back of the gate was built in the time of Hirado Castle (circa 1702), and the masonry arch bridge, “Sachi-bashi”. What an important cultural asset. It is said that it is a Netherlands bridge.

The western of the chalk seen on the opposite shore is “Hirado Netherlands trading House (restoration)”. It was built as a base for trade with Netherlands in the early Edo period, but the building was destroyed in 1640 when trade bases were limited to the Deshima by the subsequent isolation policy. The present building is a restoration of the figure just before the destruction of the warehouse of construction in 1639, and it is said that there is not only a building but also a well and excavation ruins, a Netherlands fence and a restoration stone wall. I want to visit again if there is a chance.

The stone steps in the middle point of the outline and the major mouth are stone steps leading to the old three Guo (current Kameoka movement square).

The guide map in the middle of the stone steps.

Because the gate to three Guo remains, it enters the small road in the residential area although it is not recorded in the pamphlet and the map, etc. The gate remains at the entrance of the back ground.

Reach the ground entrance. The stone wall on the left side seems to have broken, but the stone wall remains on the right side.

The ground entrance is the stone wall of the old three Guo. It seems to have formed a tiger mouth.

Stone wall built in L-shaped. I wonder if the tower gate was built. The explanation board etc. are not here.

They go along the road Along the way, there was also the birthplace of the “Ja-Net” (the president’s home). While doing so, I arrived at the major mouth. The roadway pointing to the Signboard which was written as “Hirado Castle” greatly is a road to the parking lot. The former major road is on its way to Kameoka shrine.

Old Major mouth. The ruins of the palace (two Guo) are now the precincts of the Kameoka shrine.

We went up the stone steps and went to the torii of Kameoka shrine. As long as you look at the old maps, this approach seems to be the road at that time (but the cobblestone and stone steps are a shrine).

A torii of the Kameoka shrine.

It is not related to the castle, but the stone at the top of the stone Torii in the Kyushu District (Kasagi) and the stone below it are almost three percent in this way. The stone in the middle is just “put”, but it does not fall by an earthquake or the like. Wonder.

As for the approach, the central part is a stone pavement for the approach of the shrine, but the surrounding is a soil base which seems to remain old times. The end was a “base” as this. The bottom is “empty moat” as the old picture, but it is not understood well in the photograph by the grass.

I went straight ahead of the approach to the two torii. There is a big stone wall. This is a major temple in Hirado Castle. A wonderful stone wall of the implantation is left.

Pass through the Torii. There remains a solid cornerstone between the stone walls, and it is seen that a huge gate was built here and it was a strong defense facility. As the pavement of the approach, the road which seems to be a big tiger mouth enters the gate and bends to the left.

The cornerstone of the Hirado Castle Ichino Gate. The pillar hole remains firmly, too.

To the big tiger mouth beyond the major gate. Looking to the right, the stone steps (gangi) for sticking to the soil wall on the stone wall remain. The other side of the old times was the empty moat, so the equipment to attack the enemy soldiers who came into the empty moat.

In Part2, it crosses the big Tiger mouth and goes to the ruins of two Guo.

> > Hirado Castle [2/4] continues. < <

Date of Visit: October, 2014
– – – – – – – –
Castle Tour related Blogs popular vote while participating. Always vote Arigatou!

Click on the banner above to see the ranking of this blog! (= ° Ω °) No

Original article source:

Our website just crawl all the Japanese bloggers and Translate with the Microsoft API. If you have any questions about articles, please ask the bloggers who post these articles.

Our website is operated with non-profit. We are always looking for donations through Bitcoin, so it’d be appreciated if you’d like to appreciate our site. Thank you.

■ Bitcoin Address

Translate »