Urasoe Castle [1/3] The castle ruins of a mound with a beautifully restored giant mausoleum.
The Urasoe Castle is famous for the ancient Ryukyu dynasty, which was built on a mound, and is located next to the castle area, and is known as the royal Tombs of the Ryukyu Kingdom in the early days of Urasoe. The GSK was built in the 1200 ‘s, and it fell in the early 1600 ‘s invasion of the Satsuma Army, and it became the King mausoleum thereafter. It became the defense base of the Japan army in the Battle of Okinawa, and the ruins of the castle remains were destroyed as a result of a fierce battle with US troops A lot of bunker ruins remain still in the castle. After the war, the Ryukyu government restored the King Mausoleum Room, and in the Heisei Dynasty (Urasoe) was restored, and excavation and restoration work of GSK marks are underway now.
Basic Data >
Name: Urasoe Castle (Wikipedia)
● Location: Urasoe City, Okinawa Prefecture ( map )
● Built Lord: Eizu Wang
● Castle: Around the 13th century
-Ruins: Well mark, restoration stone wall, restoration mausoleum, etc.
Urasoe to the castle ruins. The castle ruins are on a hill in the back of the residential area. A gentle slope has already started from around the residential area. Follow the signs to the back of the residential area. It is said that it means “evening calm” in the Ryukyu language by the King Mausoleum of the Ryukyu country early.
A “companion’s history map” in a residential area. A friend is a place name. On the right side of the map, there is “Urasoe GSK” and “Urasoe” on the mountain. It seems that there were a lot of spread centrally at the foot of the mountain at that time. Spread centrally, if there is time on the way back, first, go up the slope fast and head to GSK.
When you go up the hill that has become more and more steep beyond the residential area, there is a history museum which becomes “Urasoe GSK no Kan” on the left. Go blah blah get a brochure or a map, let’s stop by.
Urasoe GSK “YouDo kan”. 100 yen for adults. Cheap. There is a black and white Castle ruins map (handwritten illustration style), and a beautiful pamphlet of the Color (A4 three-fold), so don’t forget to ask.
Introduce some of the exhibits in the exhibition. Urasoe GSK’s history, excavations and artifacts are exhibited. Urasoe GSK ruins map.
It is said that a little scary tile was collected near the Shodono. It was exhibited here by donating what was privately owned (or before the National Historic Site).
There are also artifacts related to Japan armor. Because there is also Yagiri, when the Satsuma Army has attacked (the Ryukyu invasion, 1609) I wonder what.
The state of Urasoe of modern (before the restoration).
Urasoe The interior of the King Mausoleum in the back of none. Naturally, it is said that it reproduces the inside of the King mausoleum exactly as it is in such a pavilion though the locale is not restricted. This is amazing.
This is Urasoe in the King Mausoleum (reproduction). The bedrock is hollowed and it is made to the stone room.
The stone Zushi is estimated to be around the 15th century. Have been restored to a fairly real.
To the front of the house. Something huge on the slate? Has been exhibited.
Urasoe-shi West Coast stone cutting site explanation board. The stone cutting field traces have been excavated, or from the National Highway (or destroyed), or cut out some of the exhibits are preserved here. Amazing.
Then go up the hill and head for the castle ruins. I arrived at the parking lot before long. Proceed to the right to the bottom of the castle. Proceed to the left to the top of the castle ruins. Go to the left.
To the road on the left. There are several guide boards.
The old castle ruins explanation Board which was built in the Showa era. The photograph is a state of “like” before the war. “So which” was destroyed by the U.S. Army in the Battle of Okinawa in 1945, Wang Ling (ishiuro) was restored in 1955, but the entire stone wall was restored in 2005 (Heisei 17). At the time that this signboard was installed, it was still restoring or restoring before, so it would only put old photos.
And the newly built Guide board after the restoration is complete. The stone wall that has been restored is drawn perfectly. The chronology is also written as “the restoration of which is completed in 2005”. In addition, because it is an explanation board only of “which is like”, the explanation board ahead is that it is necessary for that.
Urasoe How many pieces of maps up. A triple stone wall is assembled, connected by the gate and stone walls, and there seems to be a stone room at the top.
So, I’m going to go. Down this stone steps. It seems that it is a structure which goes up again by the stairs in the inside when it is thought that it is above and it descends down once.
A staircase built along the unique stone walls of the Ryukyu Limestone. There is a fine distance.
Beyond the green tunnel stairs, view opens, huge stone wall sticking to the bedrock in front of the eyes! The urge to go up the stairs is suppressed a little, and first, it descends to the left side and the entire stone wall is seen from the bottom.
The stone wall has been built up to the back considerably. Since the whole picture is not seen at all halfway down, let’s descend to the bottom of the plaza.
Urasoe is a stone wall. The right side has been turned off, but the stone wall is also formed near the stairs which came down earlier, and it is understood that it was a considerably long stone wall. The stone wall of the stone walls of the Urasoe Agsk (here also restored) in the Ishigaki three-way configuration, and further visible in the back on that.
Urasoe from the front view of the stone wall. You need a super wide angle to keep all the stone walls from the front to this wide without being able to take a distance.
Let’s go to the inside of the house soon. You can see the slope of the stone, but the stairs of the tree are installed on it.
Through the narrow Castle Road to the back. The structure is a combination of the bedrock of the Ryukyu Limestone and the stone wall which piled up well. Take a look at the horizontal explanation board.
Photograph of the Showa era. The back of this road is called “Dark Gate”, and it was a gate of the image that the bedrock was covered the upper part at that time, and the bedrock collapsed by the United States military bombardment by the example, and it has become such a usual road now. Even if the stone wall can be restored, bedrock cannot be restored.
The state of the current “Dark gate”. The picture above is completely different.
Turn left along the road to the narrow masugata-like place called “the second Garden”. There used to be a castle gate here, and you can see the cornerstone on the left and right of the stairs.
From the second garden, Arch Gate leads to the garden with a stone room.
Beyond the arch gate, go to the garden with a stone room. Wide. The inside of the white part of the right is the stone room.
There are two stone chambers in the same room. In the foreground is the West room, the royal tombs. It was destroyed by the United States Army by the example, but it was restored based on the old photograph etc. The inside of this place that had been reproduced in the “So which pavilion” I saw earlier.
Another stone room, the East Room. This is Ning Wang Ling. There is a huge wall on the left and right, and a small “stone lion” on it (towards the left). There was also a stone lion on the right side of the wall, which was also destroyed by the bombardment of the American Army.
The deepest part of the garden. The stone wall is connected by bending toward the bedrock. Masonry, such as the spread centrally, can also be seen.
The most complete view of the garden. The small stone monument on the left edge of the photo is called “The Gomon” (The monument of Kuraku-Yama), and the one that was built when King Ning had renovated the Royal mausoleum (1620) was rebuilt, and the US military destroyed it here, too. It is a restoration thing by the Ryukyu government after the war now. Because it stands in the restricted area enclosed by the fence, it is not possible to see in detail what is written (the summary of contents is listed in the pamphlet).
The castle looks down from the garden.
Came down again. The combination of bedrock and stone walls of Ryukyu Limestone is a wonderful place.
The photograph of Showa 6 was caught in the composition similar to the above. It is covered with green, and the Dark Shin gate is alive and well, and the aspect is considerably different now.
The old pictures of Urasoe that were destroyed by the US Army in the Battle of Okinawa. It is a picture after the war after five years, but it is exposing a tragic state. The wall of the stone room is lost, too, and the hole is vacant in a gaping bedrock. I can see a little stone wall above. Five years later, the Ryukyu government restored the stone compartment, and in 2005, 50 years later, the entire stone wall was restored.
> > Followed by Urasoe Castle [2/3] . < <
Date of Visit: December, 2015
Photographic equipment: FUJIFILM X-M1 + XF14mm
– – – – – – – –
Blog popular vote while participating. Always vote Arigatou (^-^)
To vote, or to see the ranking, press the icon above ↑!
Back to the top of the page
Original article source:https://akiou.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/urasoe-gsk/
Our website just crawl all the Japanese bloggers and Translate with the Microsoft API. If you have any questions about articles, please ask the bloggers who post these articles.
Our website is operated with non-profit. We are always looking for donations through Bitcoin, so it’d be appreciated if you’d like to appreciate our site. Thank you.
■ Bitcoin Address